ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Point Motivator

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Point Motivator - 1.11.01 - July 14, 2014

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
Point Motivator is an application to help motivate you to do the things you want to do.

More info and download: VISIT WEB PAGE

Features:

* Focuses your attention on a tangible reinforcement "score" that provides immediate feedback about your actions.
* Provides an intuitive visual display of your progress over time to provide positive reinforcement.
* Lets you configure tasks and their associated value, and share these configurations with others.
* Lets you set up rewards you can "purchase" with your earned points, to provide additional motivation.

LATEST VERSION:

v1.11.01 - July 14, 2014

* [MinorFeature] You can now choose to display points as currency
* [BugFix] Fixed update check.
v1.09.01 - November 27. 2013

* [Improvement] Item editor now remembers last file being edited and loads it by default, and loads user sample on first use.
* [Improvement] Sample items are now moved to user item directory to make it easier for user to get started editing custom items.
* [MajorFeature] Executable and setup are now digitally signed for extra security; instead of a zip-compatible installer, there are now 2 separate downloads for installer and portable version.
* [Feature] New daily points options, lets you configure certain amount of points to be added each day and a decay of existing points.  Good for daily spending of points -- for example if dieting.
* [BugFix] On Windows7/8 some people were not able to change items.
* [Feature] New portable version available.
v1.05.01 - 12/25/07

* [minor feature] Added "clone this node" option to Item Definition Editor.
* [minor feature] Added recent files menu to Item Definition Editor.
* [minor feature] Added ability to delete history log entries.
* [bugfix] SaveAs operations were not properly initializing the directory and default name.
* [bugfix] Item Definition Editor was crashing if you changed items from Activity to Reward.

OLDER VERSIONS:

v1.04.01 - 12/22/07

* [major feature] Complete Item Definition editor now let's you edit items.
* [minor feature] New "Quick Custom Entry" button lets you add custom one-shot point entries quickly.
* [major feature] Added options, you can now configure ItemDef files to exclude, as well as set close-to-tray and other options.
* [minor feature] Added printing of charts.
* [minor feature] Added reward-debt option.
v1.03.01 - 12/20/07

* First public beta release.

mouser:
Major enhancements since the last version that make this much more usable, including a full featured Item editor which will help you create and edit your own Item Definition files without having to manually edit xml.

Hope you like it!

But more importantly I hope you guys will help by creating some Item Definition files and posting them.

I'd love to have some to include with the release.. Right now i just included a sample file which is useless.

mouser:
minor update posted, but with some important bugfixes if you are trying to create your own item definitions.

thomthowolf:
I have been using this for only about 2 days now, and I am already in love with it. :-*
I have long been a user of http://www.joesgoals.com/index.cfm, but this is a lot more powerful as it allows me to modify my behavior both on the reward and the action side.  EG: I always manage to talk myself into a candy bar in the afternoon, but I skipped it today because I wanted to spend the points elsewhere, and setting up the software didn't earn me any points, so I was short on points.  I have heavier rewards for things I like doing less but should be doing more, in hopes of setting up new habits.  This is definitely a winner.

mouser:
 :-* :-*

That makes me very happy to hear.
I hope to hear lots of suggestions and feature requests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version