ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Agnitum is offering 3 for 1

<< < (4/5) > >>

Curt:
"Firewalls - What you need to know" by PhilKC seems very enlightening / relevant!  :up:

Edit: "striketrough", as the 'problem' was somewhat outdated

SKA:
@mouser : do you face any issues using Eset Security Suite with Outlook ?
Frankly yours is first positive reference I see for ESS , on Wilders most say its firewall part not that great.
I use Outpost 4.0.1025 now but find it buggy esp for IM , Skype & P2P apps

@Darwin: I am looking for a "best" router with WPA2 (in fact even a wired router is OK- currently use a Billion Bipac 7300G.
If you have time in this busy Christmas season and know of any top brands/models you recommend please do PM  me <grin>
For all routers its important to reset/ change default pasword for admin as precaution.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all you great DC guys(and gals !)

SKA

Darwin:
I'm going to have to do my "due diligence" on this as well, SKA! I haven't really paid much attention to routers in about 18 months so will need to figure out which way to jump. Linksys and Netgear *used* to be highly rated, so I'll probably start there. However, my sense is telling me that there are a lot more players today...

Good tip about the admin password - not having one set up (default is blank) is asking to have your network broken into!

Lashiec:
Don't forget about D-Link and 3Com, and some other one I'm missing right now...

Darwin:
Yup. I have a D-Link from 2003. At the time, D-Link were very highly thought of and I've no complaints with it beyond lack of WPA support and an incredibly poorly organised GUI for the admin console. However, my impression is that as of 18 months ago, anyway, they'd slipped in 'esteem'.

For cost effective solutions, Trendnet and Belkin are worth a look, too - though I've no idea about quality, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version