ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

11 Top New Web Apps of 2007 - from lifehack.org

<< < (2/3) > >>

housetier:
Some desktop applications start mimicking web applications too: I can tag files in my file manager, or when I type something in a search box I immediately see suggestions or even results. There is an addon for thunderbird, that makes it behave more like google mail...

It has just begun :) Although I think it will take more time for graphics tools to catch up to the online world, one day the applications will be separate from the computer.

housetier:
Too bad though, so many of these applications are based on flash. Doing it in AJAX would have impressed me a lot more. I am so superonline I am always on the look out for new sites'n'services, lifehack.org is a site I'll be monitoring :)

zridling:
The one thing I hate about LifeHacker is how their apparent direct links actually link to Lifehacker itself. In this article, for example, their "links" to these apps only link to the png files! IDIOTS. I agree with housetier on the overwhelming choice of flash apps. Seems the author, Dustin Wax, likes eye candy more than function. I see that a lot these days. With pretty, it often brings bloat, and the last thing I need on my computer is another slow app, no matter its location.

zridling:
Damn, that sounded harsh. Sorry.

mouser:
two quick things:
1) this is lifehack.org not lifehacker.com
2) the fact that the images link to themselves is surely a mistake, not a purposeful thing -- as they link to the identical images not larger versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version