ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

11 Top New Web Apps of 2007 - from lifehack.org

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Over at lifehack.org, they've posted their 11 favorite *new* web apps of 2007:

What excites me is that these represent only the first, or in some cases the second, step for web-based applications.  Any of these apps will help you be more productive, but imagine them integrated and refined 5 years from now — using Jott to call Sandy to schedule a payment in Mint and placing a todo in Todoist telling you to call in three days to make sure the payment is received. Maybe it won’t be these apps or these companies, but if not, the ones that follow will have the creators of the apps above to thank for blazing the trail.

--- End quote ---

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/11-top-new-web-apps-of-2007.html

urlwolf:
Whole bunch of desktop application replacements.* urlwolf doesn't understand.

mouser:
desktop application replacements
--- End quote ---
meaning web services that you can use instead of their desktop equivalents -- like the new web-based word processors, etc.

housetier:
* urlwolf doesn't understand.-urlwolf (December 22, 2007, 02:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dats teh nu shizzle mah nizzle. Ya gots ta be ON eet, or ya will be crushed UNDER eet! see nao?

scnr  ;)

urlwolf:
I mean, I don't understand why desktop application replacements are all over the place, and most web 2.0 applications are just that.

Who uses those? they are always inferior to the desktop counterpart... and you cannot do nice GUI things like assign keyboard shortcuts, no matter how much AJAX you did.

I love the idea of doing webpages that actually do things for you other than just present information, but mimicking a desktop application is not really the best thing a web application can do!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version