ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Current IE8 build renders the ACID2 Test correctly!

<< < (7/12) > >>

f0dder:
Like what? What refuses to open your default browser?
-Josh (December 24, 2007, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Anything using an embedded IE control + a few other apps. Some apps (including firefox and µTorrent) also specifically launch explorer.exe instead of whatever app is associcated with HKLM\Folder and HKLM\Directory... weird, since that actually requires more code than the simple ShellExecute...

Josh:
And that is the fault of IE how? That is the developer of said applications fault, not IE

nosh:
I don't think anyone pointed their finger at IE, more like the people behind IE - esp. when the tools that are hard-coded to use  it instead of the default browser are made by the same corporation.

f0dder, I managed to make a few apps that always loaded explorer.exe load X2 by modifying the association for the folder shell context 'Open' key.

f0dder:
And that is the fault of IE how? That is the developer of said applications fault, not IE
-Josh (December 25, 2007, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, with the "uses IE instead of system default browser", it's the fault of IE... but it would have been the same with any other browser component, after all when you click a link IE, you don't expect it to open in firefox, even if you select "open in new browser window".

It's annoying nonetheless, when you click a link in PlatformSDK or whatever.

f0dder:
I don't think anyone pointed their finger at IE, more like the people behind IE - esp. when the tools that are hard-coded to use  it instead of the default browser are made by the same corporation.

f0dder, I managed to make a few apps that always loaded explorer.exe load X2 by modifying the association for the folder shell context 'Open' key.
-nosh (December 25, 2007, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have x2 associated to both "Folder" and "Directory", but still firefox and µTorrent choose explorer.exe...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version