ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Current IE8 build renders the ACID2 Test correctly!

<< < (4/12) > >>

f0dder:
I think I'll stick with FireFox though, IE7 is so much slower than IE6 that it no longer has that advantage over FF.
-f0dder (December 20, 2007, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did IE had any advantage over Firefox ever? (Well, maybe before 0.7 or 0.8 versions)
-Lashiec (December 20, 2007, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, speed. IE6 is much snappier than FireFox. It quite lost that advantage with IE7, while still being quite some way from the advantages of FF.

Ralf Maximus:
Yes, speed. IE6 is much snappier than FireFox.
-f0dder (December 20, 2007, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really?  I've had the opposite impression.  One thing FF does that IE6 does not is render the page as it downloads, showing objects as they arrive.  You can work with a page before its finished rendering, even clicking away if a link appeals.

IE6 on the other hand seems to wait until the last moment, then renders the page all at once.  It's instantaneous, but in many cases after a longer wait.  Especially if the page as numerous links to PayPal, Amazon, or Google metrics.

f0dder:
Ralf Maximus: (executable from disk) load/init speed, not render speed...

Ralf Maximus:
-f0dder (December 21, 2007, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah.  Thanks for the clarification. 

Tekzel:
-f0dder (December 21, 2007, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, well thats a small distinction, since you load a lot of IE while loading windows and it sits in memory when not in use.  I think I would rather that not be the case and pay a few extra seconds loading the browser when I use it, so to me the  Firefox implementation is the advantage, not the IE6 one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version