ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NovaPDF Pro Question - Can It Do Form Filling?

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
these forms you want to fill-up, are they scanned from a paper form? i haven't used but often heard of Foxit PDF Editor.

johnfdeluca:
Don't know about Nova PDF but I use PDFFill for filling in PDF forms.  Works pretty well.

J-Mac:
Lanux128, johnfdeluca:

I corresponded with Claudiu of BackUp4All - they are apparently also involved with novaPDF - and he confirmed that novaPDF is only a PDF Creator; it cannot perform any editing at all with already created PDF documents. No form-filling, no taking a poorly implemented user manual, for example, and adding bookmarks or TOC hyperlinks (another thing I normally do with Scansoft PDF Converter), no extracting a PDF to Word.  It is very basic. It does what if can do very well, but it cannot do the things I am looking for a PDF program to do.

So I keep on looking.

Lanux: I used Foxit Reader a long time ago, when it was in beta.  Nice reader, but it had some printing problems back then. Since then it has become a commercial application. Which I have no problem with at all. But if you take a look at their product page, maybe you can tell me which version can perform which features!  That page is a mess, at least in my eyes! On one hand, it appears that Foxit Reader Pro is supposed to do it all; like a "Catch-all" wrap-up of all their offerings. Yet the price of Reader Pro compared to the sum of all the other versions' pricing is so far off that I am pretty sure it does not have all the features. I really cannot tell which does which; which one or ones I would need to purchase. Any developer that has all of the features of what could be one single "Pro" application split out all over the place like that, i stay away from! (I already am tied up with a software that is just like that - Applian - and it is too much work to stay updated! Never again!)

johnf: I have never heard of PDFFill. I'll go take a look at it now.

Thanks folks!

Jim

J-Mac:
Don't know about Nova PDF but I use PDFFill for filling in PDF forms.  Works pretty well.
-johnfdeluca (December 20, 2007, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey John, you say you are using PDFFill and that it works pretty well...  How about a quick and dirty mini-review?

* Can you list what you see as its Pros and Cons?  Good things and bad things you have seen.

* What does it do that you really like?  What does it do well?

* What is there about it that you don't like?  What would you change/fix if it were up to you?

* It is pretty inexpensive; is it worth it?
Thanks!

Jim

lanux128:
yes, Foxit Reader has that effect. in fact, i only use the freeware PDF reader but i'm keen to know which application that you end up with.. ;) btw, this site looks like worth a visit for all PDF conundrums, maybe you'll find here a good form-filler..

• Planet PDF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version