ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need help with a name for my new NANY program

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
As most people agree my skills at naming programs are, to put it most charitably.. uneven.

I promised recently that i wouldn't try to name programs any more without getting suggestions first.

So I have a new program which will be my submission to the NANY 2008 programmingchallenge.  I should actually have a beta version available for testing in the next couple of days for anyone who is interested.

The current *working* title for this program is "Points Into Presents".

Screenshot:

What it is:

It's a motivational program.. You can create (and share with others) lists of activities and assign them points.  Then when you perform an activity you indicate that and it gets logged, and you get the points associated with that.  There is also a "rewards" section where you can "buy" things with your earned points.

So a student might set up various activities like homework, reading a book, writing a paper, with various points.  Maybe a parent would set up the point system and promise certain rewards, etc.

So, what would be a good final title?

Another possible name i thought of: PointShop

app103:
I kind of like the name you have for it already...except I would tweak it just a tiny bit and call it
Points to Presents.

TucknDar:
First off, I'd love to test this, mouser! I think it sounds like a great idea, and certainly a great companion to app's InstantBoss

As for name suggestions, here's a few (mostly based on the motivation aspect):
Motivator / Motivatr
MotiPoints
Mousetivator  :o
Motiward
PresentPoint / PresentPoints (much like working title but a bit more catchy maybe?)
RewardME

And a follow-up to app's suggestion:
Points2Presents

OK, so I might not be better at coming up with names than mouser, but I sorta like MotiPoints and PresentPoints TBH :-[

p3lb0x:
iPoints (Don't kill me :P)

I like RewardME

app103:
Task 'n' Treat

Or give it a nice attractive skin and Cody theme, and call it Birdseed...and maybe donate a percentage of everything you get from it to a bird sanctuary.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version