ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DesktopCoral

Usefullness

(1/10) > >>

Ozzy1:
Why is this software usefull?

Let me show you a scenario, tell you why and maybe give you some hints of usefull software allong the way.

Why?
Ever had a program the you whould like to monitor, it didnt take up much space one the desktop, but everytime you used the "Maximize"-button in another program it got hidden? Well, this is a program that can help.

I use a program called Samurize (www.samurize.com), but it could just a easily be coolmon (www.coolmon.org). It could even be mIRC (the part where you see if people says hi), or Gaim (http://gaim.sourceforge.net , a multi-protocol instant messaging including msn).

They use a part of the desktop to show you usefull information. My Samurize-setup shows things like tasks, what my winamp hits towards my ears, time and such. I wanna se it, even if I use Firefox (www.getfirefox.com , a good and free browser) and hit the maximize button.

This is what DesktopCoral do. It makes a "hidden" window along one of the sides of your desktop and keeps maximized windows away. Here is a screenshot of my setup (look on the right side of the screen)

So, if I start a program that maximize itself i don't loose contact with my information (Now, why would this information be so important? Well.. I like to see how much memory programs use, and samurize shows it to me, what tasks are started? Samurize show that too...  ;)

Thank you Mouser, this program is making my days a little easier and more userfriendy :)

mouser:
thanks ozzy!!!
i was hoping you'd make a post like this :)

samurize looks pretty slick.
i'm going to link to this post from the program page now :)

it might make it a bit easier if we photoshopped your screenshot and moved the samurize region to the left, so it wouldnt require scrolling of the screen to see it - i was confused at first till i realized there was more to scroll and see.

Ozzy1:
Done ;)

Scott:
I may be able to use DesktopCoral for my desktop shortcuts...  I have a 25" monitor, and I have over 90 shortcuts on the left side, taking up only about 1/5 of the width.

My only question at this point is why the name is "DesktopCoral".  Did you mean "DesktopCorral"?

mouser:
DAMN IT!!!!

i knew there was a reason i couldn't find it in the dictionary...

yes it should be Corral.

>:(
 :trout: :stars: :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version