ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help build Cody City!

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
I have an idea, let me post it and see if anyone is interested..
What about a mod for Smf Forums, DC forum in particular,
which generated a kind of view like this city thing, EXCEPT:
the forum user name is the name of the building
the size of the building = # of posts
geographic location = either geographic location as configured in signup OR alternatively, maybe draw the city as if you are drawing concentric circles, where user #1 is at center, and then the circle goes farther from the city center as member id#s increase.  OR you could use the same concentric circle idea except use # of posts to determine how close to center of city they are.
you could include only people with more than a few posts to keep it from getting too busy.

Anyone want to try to make it?
you could ignore the SMF mod aspect of it for now -- just make a general purpose php (or whatever) pretty city generation service, and worry about querying a list of users,userid#,postcount values later.

Deozaan:
I'm actually really fond of these two (related) ideas:

1. Tiny Crawl World

2. Tiny World:
Part 1: Tiny World Cities
Part 2: Tiny World Commander
Part 3: Tiny World Encounters

Lots of other great ideas on that site: Three Hundred

Thanks to Tinjaw for mentioning the site in another thread.

Deozaan:
Someone has made a homebrew application for Nintendo DS that allows you to make your daily action for MyMiniCity or Miniville (French version) websites.

Click to visit homepage.

Edvard:
Hey, it's been awhile since I looked this up again, but apparently Cody-city has fallen to 7% unemployment.

Build some industry folks!

On a further note, I haven't found any sites or apps that do anything similar, but in a more interesting fashion.
It's been about a year, has anything came up?

wraith808:
There's myMiniLife- my wife was playing that intensively until I bought SimCity The Sims 2 for her...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version