topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: why did i leave my previous employment, ah, now i remember (youtube vid).  (Read 6829 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i sometimes forget just how much i hated my old job. well, not the job so much - just one of the people that worked there.

this clip brought all those (un)happy memories flooding back...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not hard to see how this became your "old job", nudone! Tsk, tsk, nudone - we should not try to solve our problems with our fists  :eusa_naughty:. And the property damage :o

:P

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hmm, when i first watched that i empathised with the bloke jumping over the table, but now i think about it, i was probably more like the one getting hit by a keyboard.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hmm, when i first watched that i empathised with the bloke jumping over the table, but now i think about it, i was probably more like the one getting hit by a keyboard.

You were the agent provocateur, or the person you couldn't stand was a jerk that beat on you?

Do tell!

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
my old boss was like a psychotic version of David Brent (Ricky Gervais) from the Office (BBC tv comedy). if he was just like David Brent i could have tolerated his idiocy and annoying habits, but he wasn't that harmless.

to say we were all working in an office kind of environment (computer/network technicians in a school), he liked to behave like we were all on a building site, i.e. he thought he had to act 'hard' in front of everyone.

i had a bit of a bustup with him. i know i can act like an arse but i wasn't doing on that occasion - he was completely out of order, he tried to throw his weight around. anyway, he was the boss, it was his domain, nothing i could do except pretend nothing had happened - yet again. so i just decided i'd leave the job instead, which i did after a few weeks had passed.

everyone hated him. staff above him, staff below him. unfortunately, he doesn't have any real friends so no one has ever taken him asside and told him what a total prick he is. i wasn't the first person to walk out of the job (two more before me). the bloke that replaced me made a formal complaint about him - but then let it drop.

so, in the video, the boundaries are blurred. i just wish i had smashed an old CRT monitor over his head, i'm just too nice a guy though.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Heh, heh - thanks for sharing that! I had a similar situation when I was younger. Not a fancy job - just stocking shevles at a grocery store, but two of the three managers were JERKS. One was a schizophrenic who went off his meds every so often. Super nice guy when medicated - Arsehole from hell when not. His behaviour got more and more erratic and paranoid as time passed and ultimately, on one occasion, he was literally "taken away". However, the grocery store was an old-fashioned ma and pop operation and his parents were friends with the owners, so he came back after a few weeks. The other guy was an alright guy as well, but took his job too seriously. But then, he was in management and I wasn't - perhaps I didnt' take mine seriously enough! I just couldn't get over the artificial levels of stress - who cares if 341 ml tins of Smedley' Broad Beans are "out"? There're six other brands on the shelf! But no... the sky was falling... But I digress.

Tangential way of saying that I empathise with you  :P

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
and i empathise with you too, Darwin. well, with everyone that has to work with someone they hate - which i assume is the majority.