ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

RFI: Win32 API or WMI means of manipulating multiple video displays/monitors.

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
You need to open display settings etc. just to extend to an external monitor? All the laptops I've seen have either had a nifty little hotkey for it, or it's been available through a right-click tray icon (intel GMA integrated graphics, at least).

tinjaw:
Just FYI, at work they need this to handle laptops with a Matrox TripleHead2Go Analog setup. They can't trust students using the laptops to be able to properly configure them to use the Matrox and then back to standard use. They need a one-click solution.

jgpaiva:
You need to open display settings etc. just to extend to an external monitor? All the laptops I've seen have either had a nifty little hotkey for it, or it's been available through a right-click tray icon (intel GMA integrated graphics, at least).
-f0dder (December 17, 2007, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep.The buton my laptop has, doesn't extend the screen, it clones the screen... And the ati drivers are so damn bad, that there's no option in the try menu for that (actually, there are no options at all, even though the icon is there taking space).

Maybe it's time to move to omega drivers or something like that.

lanux128:
something similar to this was requested before but it would be great if you could get this to work sans UltraMon.. 8)

Liquidmantis:
Yep.The buton my laptop has, doesn't extend the screen, it clones the screen... -jgpaiva (December 17, 2007, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's strange.  Are you using the video drivers from the notebook manufacturer or ATI's drivers?  All the laptops I've done this on cycle from LCD only, external only, clone, extend with subsequent hotkey presses (maybe not that order).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version