Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 09, 2016, 11:30:34 AM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: My Stupid Windows Question for the Day!  (Read 10528 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: My Stupid Windows Question for the Day!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 08:17:33 AM »
The real wonder to me is that Stardock resolutely refuses to release a standalone version of ED and it is marginalized in their development cycle  :( I've written to them a number of times urging them to remove it from Object Desktop and make it available on its own. They have "no plans" to do this and that is that...
"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »
Poor substitute, but might do for some...

FileBox eXtender

http://www.hyperioni....com/files/index.asp

:)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »
Thanks clevercat. I actually own current licences for XFilesDialog, File-Ex, DirectFolders, and Handy Folders. There's one or two more as well, but I can't remember off-hand. Anyway, currently am using File-Ex and it's fine for my needs. I'll check out FileBox eXtender.
"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Coding Snacks by Lanux128
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 06:02:33 AM »
Thanks clevercat. I actually own current licences for XFilesDialog, File-Ex, DirectFolders, and Handy Folders. There's one or two more as well, but I can't remember off-hand. Anyway, currently am using File-Ex and it's fine for my needs. I'll check out FileBox eXtender.
wow, Darwin, you are well-covered! thankfully, FileBox eXtender is now free and thus saves you from shelling out for a licence.. :)

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 07:38:38 AM »
Sorry, but I have to ask similar question again: How does Filebox eXtender compare to FlashFolder? The latter seems to me more convenient. Are there any extra features?