ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wallpaper Manager?

(1/4) > >>

siouxdax:
Does anyone know of a good freeware wallpaper manager? Currently I have to open Windows Explorer, go to the folder where I keep my wallpapers, find the one I want, then right-clicking on it to select "set as desktop background". I use xplorer2 as my file manager, and it doesn't have that capability. I don't really need or want my wallpaper to change ever so often, I just want a good, simple app to manage and set my wallpapers.

Thanks in advance. You folks rock!

doublewitt:
Here is a wallpaper manager we had to pay for but now has become a FREEWARE.
It's called MuralPix. It could possibly meet your needs.

siouxdax:
I hate to say this, but both of those programs are the type that I'm trying to avoid. I just want to be able to look at thumbnails with filenames, ability to sort by name and date, and a simple button to apply the selected pic as the background. No screensavers. The only thing I liked about MuralPix was the ability to exclude subfolders.

doublewitt:
Ok - I understand. Actually, I have several wallpaper changers. I guess I should have thought of this one that shows thumbnails as you say. It's called WPChanger (freeware). It's no longer developed but works fine! It has the screensaver option but you can disable it. You can set up thumbnails from a folder and create different lists and you can also insert thumbnails one-by-one. Simply double-click any thumbnail and that's what you will see as a wallpaper. Also, you can disable the "cycling" process and proceed to choose which wallpaper you want by viewing the thumbnails. By disabling the other features [screensaver, auto-cycling], you have the basic thumbnail viewer with fast selection and double-click or (F9) setup for your collection of wallpapers. Maybe you will like this one...

Wallpaper Manager?

doublewitt:
You might be wondering what to do with the list that you can make.... it seems that there is only one list available... well, here's a work-around I use.

Before loading lots of pictures, first save a "BLANK" list to the directory where you store the WPChanger lists naming it as "BLANK". It would look like [BLANK.wcp]. Whenever you want to make a new list or category of pictures, simply load the "BLANK" file and insert your wallpaper pics. Afterwards, you can save it with a different name. But the "BLANK" file always remains there to quickly start a new list. This is simple and fun to use... any comments...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version