ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

S.O.S.....Having troubles "upgrading" from Vista to XP SP2

<< < (4/8) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I have tried Catalyst in the past, but I had trouble.  I had to work it out myself, but I will be dipped, I can not remember how in the world I made work. 

CodeTRUCKER:
Something else is out of kilter.  I can not get Catalyst to download.  I will try again later.

Ralf Maximus:
Check out this link:

http://www.nodans.com/index.cfm/2007/11/9/XP-Drivers-for-Toshiba-A215--S7428

Guy has the same Toshiba as you, retrograded from Vista to XP, became disgusted with Toshiba's website and tracked down all the XP drivers.  Maybe this will work for you?

mouser:
Wow, looks like Ralf hit the jackpot for you CodeTrucker, as that guy says what you have been saying:
To get this to work, you have to pretty much forget the Toshiba site. It is mostly unhelpful and will send you over the edge. Instead, one must dig down deep into the operating system. One must manually edit driver inf files. One must deal with trying to find a driver for "Unknown System Device". Fortunately, some unnamed kind soul has done all the hard work for you.
--- End quote ---

CodeTRUCKER:
Thank you, I am going to check it out now.  Incidentally, things are in an uproar, so I hope what I have been typing makes sense.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version