topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 2:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The snooper can´t find the URL of the media files in imeem.com  (Read 7498 times)

a9009

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have worked with the snooper before in imeem, and it has worked perfect, but now it show me a lot of URL but anyone of the media file, so i can´t download it. when i copy the URL to the directions bar, apear "404 error".

So i don´t know if snooper can´t find the URL, or what´s hapening.

please tell me what to do
thanks

Lost-Wisdom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The snooper can´t find the URL of the media files in imeem.com
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:15 PM »
This is happening to me too. It finds the url easily. But when I download it, it said that it's complete and when I open to browser, it shows a ERROR. please help....

tsangc89

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Kinda of what is happening to me, cept instead of error... I can't even find the link to that specific item. I have tried dling them all and none of them is it...

CJS

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Actually at present, even if you were to get the correct URL with URL Snooper, it would do you no good; imeem.com uses "anti-leech technology", which means that they send your web browser a temporary link to the media file that can only be accessed ONCE. Thus when your web browser gets the link, it then plays the music/media file just fine, but if you try to start another download from your computer to capture the media file to disk, the imeem.com server will refuse the second request.

The only freeware programs I know of that can circumvent the "anti-leech technology" are Orbit Downloader and Free Music Zilla. Both of those programs can download easily from imeem.com.