topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Examples  (Read 8741 times)

chrisk

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Examples
« on: October 05, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Hi all,
as a new user of this outstanding tool, i'm just barely discovering its potential and am wondering: for the less technically inclined among us, would the experts maybe be kind enough to report on some of their "nifty" uses of FFR??? i'm sure that it would be a great help to shorten the learning curve for many (certainly for me).
thanks for all,
chrisk

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Examples
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 08:07 PM »
this is good timing -
in the next week im going to be collecting some various "commands" that people (especially nontroppo) have given me and then i'm going to make those commands available which make it easier to do some special stuff with F&R, like run special web searches, etc.

and then i'm going to make a new demo movie of F&R showing most of this stuff in a useful way hopefully.

that should help show you how to get the most out of F&R.. but maybe other people can post some hints of how they use it so i can add their suggestions to the new demo movie.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Alias groups (sometimes i say "commands")  are one of the best feature of F&R, and you can find many threads on it in this section, but we really need to add some default ones to help people start using them.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:37 PM »
and then i'm going to make a new demo movie of F&R showing most of this stuff in a useful way hopefully.

btw, what software do you use make a recording of your desktop? i tried CapturePad but as you may have seen by the attachment i sent you, the results were not that good...

best regards,
lanux

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:13 PM »
see our review of screencasting tools :)
https://www.donation...enCasting/index.html

also see the recent post by cliff on an update on CamStudio which i would highly recommend you try:
https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=427.0

chrisk

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 09:27 AM »
hi mouser,

thanks for the reply...and, indeed, great coincidence re your plans, much looking forward to examples/clips/etc.

the reason F&R very immediately, though purely intuitively, appealed to me as soon as i came upon it, is that i've always been "fiddling" with the "machine interface", ie the way to get to the largest variety of "stuff" with the least complication, waste of time etc. i had developped a kind of "model" whereby there were "levels" of immediacy of access to applications/folders/files, ie some things were accessed via the systray, some launched via quicklaunch (on a hidden toolbar), some via the (unfortunately hard to find) danish Quickmenu (*really* excellent!!), the rest via an entirely reorganized personalized StartMenu etc.
and with F&R, even though i have at this point in time only set up a few very humble alias groups, already no more need for quicklaunch nor, in most cases, for wading through the start menu or through windows explorer. daily work now gets done nearly exclusively with coldswitch/quickmenu/F&R.

very much looking forward to ideas and examples for further finetuning!!
thanks for a wonderful piece of work.
chrisk

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:32 AM »
great :)

and don't forget to give us your suggestions and feature requests!

much of the recent additions to F&R Robot have been from suggestions from users like you who are interesting in maximizing efficiency and expanding the range of what F&R can do.