ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Way More Than Your Average Screen Capture Tool!

<< < (3/5) > >>

J-Mac:
  I think ScreenShotCaptor (SSC) was the first program that I bought "contributed to?" on this website.  I went through many screenshot programs, but what one would do the others wouldn't.  I actually had three different captor programs on my computer just to cover everything I needed.  SSC basically has all the bells and whistles the others lacked in one package and just blew the competition away.  It's nice to have just one captor installed on my computer, I don't have to remember which one did what I needed at the time.   :)
-Tinman57 (December 26, 2007, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

To be completely honest I still have SnagIt installed. After all I did pay for that one!

SnagIt has occasional issues where it won't start, and I have to go and delete it from the Data Execution Prevention exclusion list in WinXP Pro SP2, and then re-list on there. PITA!  But then again, Screenshot Captor simply will not capture some screens for me, and in those instances I have to use SnagIt. Scrolling windows, for example.  With Screenshot Captor my entire screen starts blinking rapidly and there's nothing I can do short of rebooting. If I wait it out until Screenshot Captor eventually completes the capture, the pic is not even readable. So SnagIt gets the job of doing scrolling windows.

That problem may be a symptom of problems with my graphics card. (I get a $600+ card in this custom-built POS that cost me more than any other PC I've owned, and I've been battling problems with the card - and Nvidia - ever since!!)

Jim

sabrina07080236:
I have nerver used snagit, I have two question,
1. Does it support recording the mouse movements and keystrokes, or just capture the screen like "Print Screen"?
2. Does it support Windows Vista or Mac ?

Thanks!

J-Mac:
I have nerver used snagit, I have two question,
1. Does it support recording the mouse movements and keystrokes, or just capture the screen like "Print Screen"?
2. Does it support Windows Vista or Mac ?

Thanks!
-sabrina07080236 (December 27, 2007, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

1) Yes.

2) Vista, yes. Mac - no, I don't believe so.

Take a look:  http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

Jim

Tinman57:
  I think ScreenShotCaptor (SSC) was the first program that I bought "contributed to?" on this website.  I went through many screenshot programs, but what one would do the others wouldn't.-Tinman57 (December 26, 2007, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Screenshot Captor simply will not capture some screens for me, and in those instances I have to use SnagIt. Scrolling windows, for example.  With Screenshot Captor my entire screen starts blinking rapidly and there's nothing I can do short of rebooting. If I wait it out until Screenshot Captor eventually completes the capture, the pic is not even readable. So SnagIt gets the job of doing scrolling windows.

That problem may be a symptom of problems with my graphics card. (I get a $600+ card in this custom-built POS that cost me more than any other PC I've owned, and I've been battling problems with the card - and Nvidia - ever since!!)

Jim
-J-Mac (December 26, 2007, 11:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is strange.  One of the strongest reasons I use SSC is because it does such a great job of capturing scrolling windows.  I did have a similar problem like you described with another screen capture program that I dumped, and with an nVidia card.  I've always had good luck with nVidia cards, even though I just ordered a new ATI Radeon to update my GeForce 3 TI200 GPU.  The ATI GPU just had such better specs for AGP based computers than what nVidia did.  I don't know who's on top now with the PCIexpress GPU battle.  I'll cross that road when I build another computer system.    :D

J-Mac:
Well, I just installed another new driver (they released two in a couple of weeks, so maybe it's something they inadvertently caused). Right after installing a few home security cameras - WiLife/Luxwerks - as soon as the camera views appeared on screen I started having problems.  After a couple weeks my PC started crashing with the error/Stop message saying that nv4_disp.dll is causing it. That's the Nvidia driver. (GeForce 7900 GTX on an Asus A8N32-SLI-Deluxe motherboard).

First updated driver actually increased the severity of the problem. I just installed the newer driver today. I'll see how it does.

But whenever I try to capture a scrolling window with SSC I get that flashing screen - real annoying - and it won't stop! Can't interrupt it without hot rebooting. If I wait it out, the screen capture looks terrible. Yet SnagIt does that well. Go figure!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version