ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PhraseExpress vs Direct Access

(1/2) > >>

wraith808:
Bits Du Jour has PhraseExpress on special at $10 today.  Has anyone used this and DA?  Are they pretty much the same thing?

Thanks!

Darwin:
Why not download PhraseExpress - it's FREE for home use today - the $10 is for a commercial license!

Darwin:
PS PhraseExpress does look similar to DirectAccess. I'm downloading to try it out now.

Ralf Maximus:
I like PhraseExpress, but (on my system) it caused some odd behavior.  I leave my PC running 24/7 and after 3 or 4 days systemwide keyboard response became sluggish.  Like, typing into any MS app with Intellisense caused insanely long delays.

During troubleshooting I removed PhraseExpress and the problem went away.  I was forced to conclude that was the culprit, though it might've been a conflict with AHK.  Since uninstalling PhraseExpress I haven't tried to narrow it down any further.

FWIW.

mwb1100:
Why not download PhraseExpress - it's FREE for home use today - the $10 is for a commercial license!
-Darwin (December 12, 2007, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried PhraseExpress, yet.  I did come across one comment that indicated that the free, non-commercial, personal-use license had nag screens:

I've liked using PhraseExpress, after hearing about it on Lifehacker before, but I had a sad experience with v3: after using it for awhile, nag screens start to pop up every few times you execute a macro. I didn't see mention of this on the info-pages, so I was caught unaware by it, and I don't know whether it's a problem in v4. I hope not!-http://lifehacker.com/software/autocomplete/download-of-the-day-phraseexpress-windows-252889.php
--- End quote ---

Does anyone know if free use results in nags?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version