topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Case sensitive URL problem.  (Read 9741 times)

Veblin

• Streaming Media Master
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Case sensitive URL problem.
« on: April 16, 2005, 04:45 AM »
Referring to Question.
http://p084.ezboard....e?topicID=4333.topic

Question.

I'm quite new to stream capturing and I usually have no problems with it but this link in particular is driving me insane.

mms://a870.v83866.c3547.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/870/3547/v001/cmtstor.download.akamai.com/9544/_!/cmt.com/c/cmt_awards_2005/cmtawards_opener_416.wmv?auth=cacdvdoa_b3dqcxaqarbtdvdtavbjbcaach-bcyjue-dha-wfewqd&aifp=ver_01

From this site: http://www.cmt.com/s...ds/2005/videos.jhtml (Jeff Foxworthy's Big Entrance)

I've tried Net Transport, GetASFstream, ASF recorder and Stream Down but it just won't download.

Thanks for any help!

Answer.

This seems to be a problem with the newest versions of Project URL Snooper.
I don't remember when it started, or with what version, but something seems to have changed.

It is a problem with case sensitive URL's.

If you look at the links in the link window you will see that everything is in lower case.
If you right click and Copy Selected URL(s) to Clipboard you also only copy all lower case.
mms://a870.v83866.c3547.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/870/3547/v001/cmtstor.download.akamai.com/9544/_!/cmt.com/c/cmt_awards_2005/cmtawards_opener_416.wmv?auth=cacdoc8cwacaqdjaeaxdmbnddbqd2apazal-bcym_j-dha-zeeypc&aifp=ver_01

If you look at the same highlighted URL in the packet data window, you may see both lower and upper case.
If you right click and Copy to Clipboard as Ascii Text you may also copy both lower and upper case.
mms://a870.v83866.c3547.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/870/3547/v001/cmtstor.download.akamai.com/9544/_!/cmt.com/c/cmt_awards_2005/cmtawards_opener_416.wmv?auth=caCdoc8cwaCaQdJaEaXdmbndDbQd2aPaZal-bcym_J-dHa-zEEypC&aifp=ver_01

The difference is that only the second URL copied from the packet data window will work because
it retains the correct case sensitive URL.

I will notify the author of Project URL Snooper and see if this can be fixed in the next version.

Note: URL's above contain a time stamp argument (auth=) and these will expire in 60-90 minutes.
You will need to get new non-expired URL's.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 11:30 AM by Veblin »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Case sensitive URL problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 04:50 AM »
ah....

i think this probably occurred when i added the option for links to use the "stripped" version of the arguments..
ok i will fix in the next couple of days and up a new version.

thx!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 04:51 AM »
btw it's great to have you stop by veblin!!
we are not worthy!!!!!!!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 05:09 PM »
done; this was mostly fixed earlier but v1.05.01 has also been updated to be case sensitive even when searching file.