ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Realtime Disk Access monitoring?

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
Is there a program which will tell you what program is accessing a hard disk at any given time and what the program is accessing? I am trying to troubleshoot the constant churn of my hard drives and want to find out what is causing this.

justice:
yep http://process explorer from sysinternals. On the top right graph on the main screen in my configuration it tells you the process that's causing the disk activity.

Josh:
Is there anything with more detail? The windows performance snap-in is far too complex for my needs.

PhilB66:
"What's Running is a product that gives you an inside look into your Windows 2000/XP/2003 system.

Explore processes, services, modules, IP-connections, drivers and much more through a simple to use application. Find out important information such as what modules are involved in a specific process.

Control your system by starting and stopping services and processes. Configure your startup programs easily."

More Screenshots

P.S. Never used this software myself.

PhilB66:
DTaskManager (scroll down the page to find out about the program) - Small and Portable, works on Windows 2000/XP/VISTA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version