ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

1 Terrabyte Western Digital Drive for $264 USD

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Since I only need 250GB, I was thinking about buying one of these and partitioning it into quarters, then using RAID 5.

What could possibly go wrong?
-Ralf Maximus (December 08, 2007, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Bwaha :D

Darwin:
My understanding is that the terabyte drives are lot more prone to failure than smaller drives. My source? Donationcoder of course! You want me to cite it? Er...  :-[

"Once your memory goes, you can just forget it" - how apt.

Darwin:
It was vegas posting here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11160.msg89251#msg89251

Wordzilla's search tweaks are just AWESOME! I guess I'm showing my "DC Age" when I say: "Yup. I remember when searching the Donationcoder forum was a waste of time".

vegas:
It was vegas posting here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11160.msg89251#msg89251

Wordzilla's search tweaks are just AWESOME! I guess I'm showing my "DC Age" when I say: "Yup. I remember when searching the Donationcoder forum was a waste of time".
-Darwin (December 08, 2007, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I read alot of website/user reviews and forums on computer stuff.  Also StorageReview is a somewhat informative site.  The 1 Terabyte drives seem worse off than the 750gb models (there are a couple models of these that show some promise).  But all in all neither are as mature as the 200gb, 300gb, 320gb, (400gb, 500gb) drives (not that any of them are as good as they should be).

Now what is this Wordzilla search tweak(s) you are speaking of?  I could use a tool or two to help with searching here...

zridling:
To hell with dual-booting, you could octa-boot on this sucka! (Now if only I had $263 more dollars....)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version