ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Idea: File note

<< < (8/15) > >>

Cuffy:
I'm finding some answers. The problem is not in filenoter.zip or filenoter.exe. The problem is Avast. I haven't heard from them yet but I removed Avast from the XPPro machine and installed AVG. The filenoter.exe file is unlocked, the context menu works as designed. Filenoter, filenotes, Universal Viewer are all back and working fine.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for XPPro64. Reinstalling filenoter doesn't help.  The upgrade from Moon Software that BigJim mentioned earlier is available for download so I installed that but there's no change in the context menu so the corruption persists. I'm going to try a repair install now and see what happens. If push comes to shove I can do a clean install to a new drive, identical to the drive that's in the machine.

8)

Armando:
Thanks for the feedback. And sorry to hear about your problems...  :(

It will be interesting to hear what Avast has to say if they do send you a message at some point...

Cuffy:
This is the thread I just posted about.

Nod5:
I've now written a better description for FileNoter and placed it on a separate page: http://nod5.dcmembers.com/filenoter.html
I also did some very minor changes:
small code cleanup + commenting
now support two datestamp formats: YYMMDD (=new) & YYMMDD-HHMM

kartal:
Nod5, thank you. It works great. But I have a suggestion. It would be great to be able to change the note file extension to something else or at least let the user define it maybe in the ini file. Because .txt is a pretty common file format and if someone searches for file notes all the text files will show up.

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version