ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Skill Learned from Online Gaming Saves Child from Moose Attack

(1/2) > >>

app103:
Who says WoW doesn’t have its uses in real life? Freely translated from the Norwegian online news site Nettavisen:

"12 year old Hans Jørgen Olsen from Lesvik in Nord-Trønderlag, Norway feels a few years older after last Thursday’s action filled encounter with the King of the Forrest. Hans Jørgen and his 10 year old sister were on their way to school and took a short cut through a meadow. Suddenly they stood eye to eye with a Moose.

- It charged straight at us when it saw us, says Hans Jørgen to Nettavisen

Hans Jørgen’s sister tried to run while Hans Jørgen stopped to try and scare it off.

--- End quote ---

http://acaciaizm.com/?p=294

Take that, all you nay-sayers that think games are bad for kids!

Ralf Maximus:
"A moose once bit my sister."

app103:
"A moose once bit my sister."
-Ralf Maximus (December 07, 2007, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The greatest shareware nag message ever! (I still have those screensavers)

Deozaan:
Perfect quote from the comments: Reminds me of the time that I was being stalked by a bear in Alaska and I remembered my Druid skills and I tried to cast Sooth Animal, but accidentally cast Sleep and when that wore off it then thought I was a threat rather than just food. So I cast entangling roots, switched to attack cat and Dashed for 15 seconds. When the threat was over I went prowl, hid under a tree and cleaned myself fastidiously.
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version