ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

can i control a program to use CPU by the proceess tamer ?

(1/2) > >>

huyaowen:
can i control a program to use CPU by the proceess tamer ?

for example:i control the IE within 10%CPU to use, can i?

huyaowen:
hi!
up again

mouser:
welcome to the site huyaowen,
you can't do this with Process Tamer currently.
What you will be able to do *soon* though is tell process tamer that a specific program should be set to low priority as soon as it starts using 10% of cpu.  But this is not available yet.

fickletrick:
Process tamer does what it advertises wonderfully. However, I have an idea to potentially add to productivity of the program when playing process intensive games. If the program can already do this in a different way please let me know. What it says to do for games is simply toggle the program off. The idea to improve on this would be to have a different setting, that forces a game to normal priority while playing, but when you switch to a new window in the foreground, to automatically lower the priority of the game. Any ideas?

TucknDar:
welcome to the site huyaowen,
you can't do this with Process Tamer currently.
What you will be able to do *soon* though is tell process tamer that a specific program should be set to low priority as soon as it starts using 10% of cpu.  But this is not available yet.
-mouser (December 07, 2007, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
This would be a wonderful feature!

I also like the suggestion by fickletrick, btw :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version