ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

nitroPDF half price offer ... but be quick offer ends on 15th October

(1/2) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I haven't actually used this product yet (but I am going to try out the trial version).

I received a special off from VCOM today to purchase at half price (~$50) see here

From what I can see from web reviews and its own website it looks like a really comrephensive toolset for PDF files. It isn't just a 'printer driver' to generate PDF files but rather a workflow soltuion to PDF creation and modification and includes features such as PDF form design.

You can see the full product details here: nitroPDF

There are some interesting reviews too try here and here (half way down).

NitroPDF seems to do just about everything the full version of Acrobat 7 does and then some.

Here are some of the more interesting things you can do to PDF files:

#  Mark up and review documents. Add feedback to PDFs with the full range of PDF commenting tools: note, text box, text highlight, text cross-out, text underline, pencil, eraser, rectangle, line, oval, polygonal line, polygon and cloud. Modify comment color, position, author, subject and opacity, and lock or unlock position.

# Include files as attachments. Include any external file in an existing PDF document as an attachment. For example, attach audio files to PDF documents, or use a microphone to record audio comments directly.

#  View and edit document properties. View title, author, subject, keywords, creator, producer, PDF version, number of pages, base URL and file optimization information; modify title, author, subject and keywords.

# Add custom metadata. Add an arbitrary number of additional metadata fields and values to a PDF.

#  Search collections of files. Search entire folders of PDF documents, or search all PDF files on the computer. Searches for a text string in any combination of full text, bookmarks, comments, author, title, subject, keywords, creator, producer, creation date and modification date.

# Index collections of files. Create indexes of PDF documents for faster searching. Use advanced search tools: choose to match whole words or use stemming, and use Boolean logic.

Carol Haynes:
Have just started playing with this. The interface is nice and clear with lots of options. Here are a couple of imteresting features ...

One of the nice things is to have all the file properties instantly available and editable in the navigation bar:

Another nice feature (which I haven't seen elsewhere) is the ability to edit graphics within PDF documents ...

m_s:
It does look good - have downloaded it too and will play later.  Even with this very generous discount, I think it will probably be too expensive for me at $50...   :(

Jibz:
I was seriously considering this deal, but after browsing their support forums I am a lot less hyped. Apparently they are using some crippling activation system (read for instance here, here and here) :eusa_naughty:.

Also, I could find no mention what so ever about what exactly the license covers. Am I buying only this version? Will I get updates/upgrades? For a year? Forever?

Seems like a nice product though.

Carol Haynes:
Well I have taken the plunge! It is a seriously nice product.

The activation system is similar to other activation systems (MS & Adobe etc). Basically You activate it online within 30 days byt clicking on a box. The only info gathered is the serial number they have supplied and your name. You can optionally give your email address but you don't have to.

The product can be installed on two systems simultaneously (the license says eg. desktop and laptop) intended primarily for the same person's use.

They do have a deactivate system - so presumably it is fairly easy to transfer the product from one computer to another without having to contact them.

Having read the threads you pointed to the issues seem to have been a bug which is now resolved in version 4.9. As for the updates I am not sure what the policy is but there is a product update button under help, and the version on offer above is version 4.8. It updated fine to version 4.9!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version