ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

on sale: The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

<< < (3/4) > >>

vegas:
I didn't see any point in starting a new thread as the two are closely related.  The cousin to The Complete Calvin And Hobbes Collection (3 vol. set, which is still $94.50), The Far Side Collection (2 vol. set) has been steadily declining the last month, and is now down to $73.31 (less than half the retail price).  I bought it on Monday @ $77.16, but thanks to someones previous advice here, I started using PriceProtectr (www.priceprotectr.com), which is free, to track price drops on any Amazon purchases the days following any transaction, so in honoring their 30-day price change refund policy, Amazon refunded me $3.85 today. The set came very thoroughly packaged and looks fantastic.  Here's a link to the Far Side Collection @ Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/0740721135

I also picked up the Pre-History of The Far Side (an in-depth look at the development and history of this cartoon panel), which is great as well.

On a side note, maybe if DC had a referrer link account on sites like Amazon.com, people could use that when they post links like this, IF THEY CHOSE to.  Would be a non-intrusive way of providing a little extra support to DC.

oldfart:
My only problem with the concept of reincarnation is that I can never make up my mind.  Should I come back as Calvin or Hobbes?

tomos:
My only problem with the concept of reincarnation is that I can never make up my mind.  Should I come back as Calvin or Hobbes?
-oldfart (March 26, 2008, 11:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D :D :D

dementedmuppet:
Calvin and Hobbes has got to be the best comic in the universe! Too bad it's so expensive.

When I was young, I had a few people tell me that I reminded them of Calvin.
-Deozaan (December 05, 2007, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I forbid my son to read the comic because he was too much like Calvin.  The ban didn't work because he was still Calvin, right down to playing Calvin ball.  When he was 9, he got ahold of a copy of a C&H book from my brother.  His only comment was, "You're right!  Calvin is me!"  Unfortunately, it is so.  However, I don't think I'd like him so much if he was one of those sycophant goodie-goodie kids.

In a couple of years, when it is safe, I might get the set.  He will be too old to use most of the material at that point.

vegas:
I didn't see any point in starting a new thread as the two are closely related.  The cousin to The Complete Calvin And Hobbes Collection (3 vol. set, which is still $94.50), The Far Side Collection (2 vol. set) has been steadily declining the last month, and is now down to $73.31 (less than half the retail price).  I bought it on Monday @ $77.16, but thanks to someones previous advice here, I started using PriceProtectr (www.priceprotectr.com), which is free, to track price drops on any Amazon purchases the days following any transaction, so in honoring their 30-day price change refund policy, Amazon refunded me $3.85 today. The set came very thoroughly packaged and looks fantastic.  Here's a link to the Far Side Collection @ Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/0740721135

I also picked up the Pre-History of The Far Side (an in-depth look at the development and history of this cartoon panel), which is great as well.

On a side note, maybe if DC had a referrer link account on sites like Amazon.com, people could use that when they post links like this, IF THEY CHOSE to.  Would be a non-intrusive way of providing a little extra support to DC.
-vegas (March 26, 2008, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

The price has just dropped again, down to $69.64, free shipping ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version