topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flash game of the day - Stop Disasters  (Read 2613 times)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Flash game of the day - Stop Disasters
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:23 AM »
So as I was checking on flood reports in my county, the website reporting road closures showed me... A game?

This new online disaster game was launched by the secretariat of the United Nation's International Strategy for Disaster Reduction. The game is aimed at teaching children (also adults) how to build safer villages and cities against disasters.

The game presents the player with a disaster and a community. It is the players job to make the necessary modifications to the town's landscape and infrastructure in order to mitigate disaster damages, including educating the public about disaster risk. This initiative comes within the 2006-2007 World Disaster Reduction Campaign “Disaster Risk Reduction Begins at School”. And really, it's not just for kids. It is much fun for adults too!

Each scenario takes between 10 and 20 minutes to play, depending on the disaster you are trying to prevent and your skill level. There are five scenarios to play, and each can be played on easy, medium or hard difficulty levels.
:Thmbsup: