Having trouble justifying a decision,
Stop procrastinating and start using Evaluweight
This started out as a little fun and bit of effort to scam mouser of one of the legendary Cody Mugs.
In the end it is a interesting insight into how we come to a conclusion.
Each decision you make, is a 100 percent commitment. Therefore, that decision can be broken down into categories,
and each category represents a part of that 100 percent commitment.
So "evaluweight" lays this all out in a nice and easy grid format.
Simply give each category/feature a percentage mark of how it would impact your total commitment.
Now add the product that you want to compare, and in each category, mark that product out of 10 on how it meets your expectation.
Evaluweight will produce a score at the bottom of each row.
The screenshots will enlighten a little more.
ToDoEvaluweight - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry
ChocolateEvaluweight - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry
PrintersEvaluweight - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry
VehicleEvaluweight - GOE Challenge 2007 Entry
- This is a very basic script designed to con mouser into giving me a Cody mug.
- This is a very basic script that could be improved
- This is a very basic script that provokes the mind
- It is a standalone script, no installer, portable. (AHK source provided)
- Saving is very basic, it saves to the same directory as the file.
- Data is saved in a small csv text file.
- Can be used in making or justifying any decision.
More on the thought process
After using this for a few projects I was surprised to find that Money is not the major influence in a purchasing decision. If the product does not do what I want, I really dont care how much it costs. So rarely was money more then 20% of the factor, mostly around 10 and sometimes less then 5.
Suggestions, Critics, Applause and Rock Throwing all accepted.
A Zip with the four examples above
The AHK Source file