ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

structured plaintextfile based note taker

<< < (6/7) > >>

nudone:
thanks for trying, but i still have the same problem with the new script.

what have you got inside your working folder? perhaps it's something to do with the names of the files and folder i've used.

cedardoc:
It shouldn't have anything to do with that.  Mine works on multiple computers in differently named folders.  The only thing I can think of is to delete all the semicolons in front of the msgbox commands and see what they say and just tinker with it that way - that's how I got it to work in the first place.  The only other thing is I could upload the file if that's an option here.  Do you know how to do that?

nudone:
you can attach a file to your post by...

clicking the "reply" button (below right), i.e. don't use the quick post box below.

then to attach a file to your post, simply click on the "browse" button - and locate the file to upload.

that should do it.

here's a screengrab so you know exactly what you are looking for:

cedardoc:
Okay, here 's what I got to work on its own.  I had it in a bigger  autohotkey script and had to tweak it a bit to get it to work on its own for some reason.  I hope it works for you!!  Let me know.  If it doesn't, i'm not sure what to suggest other than I wonder if you have the latest  autohotkey installed?

Dave

cedardoc:
p.s.  I haven't really touched this in a long time, but this got me thinking, it would be better to make it assume ".txt" if you omit the extension when you write it... like [projects] becomes "projects.txt".  Right now, if you omit the extension it just asks what kind of program to use to open, but I can't get my computer to set a default application for files with no extensions.  If I ever get around to doing that I'll post it again (but don't hold your breath - I'm no programmer)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version