topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CyberNet's birthday! And software giveaway!  (Read 6694 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CyberNet's birthday! And software giveaway!
« on: December 03, 2007, 01:33 PM »
OK, I'm not sure if this would go here or in the "Found Deals and Discounts" subforum. Moderators, act accordingly.

So, CyberNet News is now two years old! Ashley gives a quick overlook over how everything started (pretty ironic if you ask me), and a rundown in numbers over what happened during these two years. They surely came a long way, from being a small blog to being now linked from the most important sites. A well done job, congratulations!

And to celebrate... they're celebrating a massive giveaway of software! Some of the apps include xplorer², Object Desktop, MediaMonkey and SyncBackSE for now. It seems that they're going to include web services as well (Flickr?). Go over there to participate, the rules are in the post above.

Screenshot - 03_12_2007 , 20_24_29.jpgCyberNet's birthday! And software giveaway!

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: CyberNet's birthday! And software giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 06:46 PM »
Drat... They're taking people from the top 10 comments, but there are way too many now. :(

Oh well.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Drat... They're taking people from the top 10 comments, but there are way too many now. :(

Oh well.

Yes - that was my experience three hours ago... I wish I'd seen Lashiec's post when it first went up!

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 02:27 PM »
You can always try your luck with the rest of the licenses that are going to be awarded to the rest of the commenters, from the 10th onwards in most of the giveaways. I passed on SynBack SE, and did my comment this morning, when the numbers were running in the thousands or something.

Of course, if you read this comment after another five hours, it might be a little too late ;D

cybernetnews

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Ryan - a CyberNet News Editor
    • View Profile
    • CyberNet News
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56 AM »
We just wrapped up the contest and posted the winners. If any of you are interested in the SyncBackSE or Onlick apps from 2BrightSparks you should keep an eye out for a follow up post. The developers of that program said that they were impressed with the results, and are contemplating giving out more licenses for those who weren't selected.

And I'm not sure whether some of you noticed or not, but the giveaways were never restricted to just the first 10 commenters. We normally only gave away one of the licenses to a commenter in that interval to help reward those who check back frequently with our site.

Hopefully you enjoyed the selection of software as well. I handpicked all of the apps myself choosing only the programs that I knew our readers (and myself) would love. Everyone turned out to be happy with the results, so we might attempt to do stuff like this more often.