ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any old Amiga users among us?

<< < (13/13)

kartal:
I have been trying different Amiga packs like Amigasys, Amikit etc. All are very nice actually, they come with decent apps.

Crush:
Oh, I missed this important thread from 2007  ;D
I also jumped from the C64 to the Amiga and had a lot of fun there as Democoder. The Amiga was the best multitasking-OS with windows and hi-color graphics for a long time. They were with the system itself lightyears away from competitors - but they forgot to step along with the hardware fast enough. My good old Amiga R.I.P.  :(

cranioscopical:
nothing beats ARexx for just getting the job done
-4wd (December 05, 2009, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good old Bill Hawes... ARexx and WShell.
Tried ooRexx on the PC?

4wd:
Tried ooRexx on the PC?-cranioscopical (December 08, 2009, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have tried various rexx implementations on the PC, I think I settled on regina because it didn't require installation and with nil programs on the PC, (that I use anyway), providing any sort of standardised IPC there seemed little point so I've kind of lost touch with it.

I should have elaborated about the IPC part of it.

cranioscopical:
with nil programs on the PC, (that I use anyway), providing any sort of standardised IPC
--- End quote ---
Yeah the semi-universal ARexx port made for excellent potential to 'roll-your-own' software suite -- I'll take this editor, that spreadsheet, this DTP app. Even so there were too few decent apps from which to choose to make that concept a real winner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version