ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any old Amiga users among us?

<< < (12/13) > >>

Shades:
Directory Opus and CygnusEd...those were the tools I used most on my Amiga's. Actually, I have switched between all existing models at some point in time (except the A3000 and A4000).

My latest was an A1200 which I stripped out of it original casing and put it into a high tower PC case, together with a hard drive (1GByte!), 68030 (50MHz), 18Mbyte RAM (2MByte internal with a 16MByte SIMM module on my Blizzard expansion) and rewired keyboard controller for a A2000 keyboard.

And I'll bet the thing would still boot if I could turn it on today...but alas, several thousands of miles are between my personae and that Amiga.   :(

4wd:
My 132MB A3000 + CyberStorm PPC 180/060, (+ Picasso IV, PabloIV, ConciertoIV), still does boot, (faster than my XP machine), but damn, did the Quantum Trailblazer 850MB run hot until the lube in the bearings finally remelt :)

About the only thing I fire Amiga Forever up for these days is when I really want to do some fast scripting and nothing beats ARexx for just getting the job done.

MerleOne:
I am an oldie as well.

Would you please list any software you use on your Amigas or on Uae nowadays?

-kartal (December 05, 2009, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

On UAE (AmigaForever) I mainly use demos and a few games.  I sometimes use the wonderful lha.  License was incredibly hard to get from its developer,  and it's lost now...  I also use DirWork, but again, no license any longer and the config I had is gone too.

Perry Mowbray:
About the only thing I fire Amiga Forever up for these days is when I really want to do some fast scripting and nothing beats ARexx for just getting the job done.
-4wd (December 05, 2009, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-* Ah: those were the days... scripting access to every programme in a very easy way.

4wd:
The other thing I really miss occasionally is being able to activate a window without it coming to the front.

Is it really so hard to implement and make an option in Windows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version