ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

[BUG?] - Configuration is not being saved in Vista

(1/3) > >>

IvkovicD:
Hello,

I have switched recently to Vista (32 and 64) and have following issue with Clipboard H&S (newest version). The configuration is just not being memorized/saved. While changing (manually started the tool), everything looks good, but once closed, nothing was saved. No errors.

I think, this might be a security issue by Vista, which just blocks Clipboard to store the data - anyway, where does clipboard store the config (registry or file), maybe it's just a small tweak to enable this.

Regards

Dejan

IvkovicD:
...find a workaround.  ;)

In file configdir.ini routed the output to

CONFIGDIR=%APPDATA%\Clipboard Help+Spell\

did the changes and copied the two resulting config files back to origin program folder. Even CONFIGDIR in configdir.ini is pointing to a different folder, at startup the CH&S reads the files from install folder, not from configured one. Bug?

Regards

Dejan

mouser:
sure sounds like a bug, but can you clarify?
do you mean you found a workaround that works? or found a workaround (configfir.ini) that *should* work but does not?

IvkovicD:
Hello Mouser.

the workaround (like explained) is fine, I can use clipboard now, but whenever I have to change anything at the options, I have to either change the files directly, or repeat the steps above, by copying the changed .ini (which are stored in %APPDATA%\...) to the install folder "Program files (x86)\Clip...". I expected that Clipboard H&S should read the program ini settings by applying the changedir.ini folder settings, but this does not happen. It stills read them from install folder. The database is at %APPDATA%\Clip...

you might check the read order of the configuration files and the chanfgedir.ini setting...

regards

Dejan

mouser:
ah i understand well now.. i will fix.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version