ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Screenshot Captor 2.37.01??

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:

Deozaan:
sometimes what happens is i release a super minor update that is so trivial i dont want to bother the people via dcupdate.
-mouser (December 02, 2007, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser! What's the point of DcUpdater if you don't allow us to use it for even the "minorest" updates? DcUpdater is so easy to use to install updated versions that it would be more of an inconvenience to have to go to the website to download and install it than to DcUpdate it a few more times.

mouser:
I think what i'll do is add an option in DcUpdater about whether you want minor/beta updates, and then add a flag in update files so authors can mark an update as minor/beta.  That way users who want bleeding edge will get it, and users who want only stable updates can choose that.

Deozaan:
That's a pretty good idea.

Grorgy:
Im using the update checker from file hippo which has introduced an option to 'skip this version'.  Which I find useful, I dont want to see more than once that some driver for my mouse has been updated to make gaming work better, but I will want to see what the next version brings.  Something like that might be useful for DCudpater.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version