ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Look For Premade Gallery Scripts/Generator

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I am aware of the usual tools to generate thumbnail galleries from images. I am also aware of various LightBox scripts. What I cannot find is a way to do what New Egg does. I have taken some screencams using Jing to demonstrate what I am looking for.

This first video show the portion of a New Egg page that has the functionality I want.

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

When you click on the image, it brings you to a larger gallery.

[attachimg=#2][/attachimg]

mouser:
Jalbum has themes that do what you want i think:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7290.0

i'm not 100% sure exactly how you want it to behave though.

jalbum is also a local pc application that creates pages you upload -- you might prefer an online only thing, like: Gallery.

tinjaw:
i'm not 100% sure exactly how you want it to behave though.-mouser (December 02, 2007, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe a concrete example will help. Imagine having eight screenshots of my software. I want to upload a javascript file to tinjaw.dcmember.com/scripts that does what I want and I just insert a line of script into tinjaw.dcmembers.com/MySoftware.html. Then at the place I inserted the line of script I see a 400x300 images of my first screen shot, and below it are thumbnails of all eight screenshots. I can click on the thumbnails to change what is displayed in the 400x300, and if I click on the 400x300 I am brought to a page that has the eight thumbnails but when I click on one it displays the full size screenshot at its native resolution. If I took a screenshot at 1280 x 1024, it displays it at 1280x1024.

The more I think about it the more I'm realizing that it is really no different than a standard app to generate a thumbnail gallery other than instead of making a bunch of html pages, it creates a single javascript file and provides you the code to insert into another html page.

mouser:
I just insert a line of script into tinjaw.dcmembers.com/MySoftware.html. Then at the place I inserted the line of script I see a 400x300 images of my first screen shot
--- End quote ---

yes that is a sort of unusual request, but makes a lot of sense.
the brute force way to do it is to use any gallery maker software and then just independently make the thumbnail on your web page, and link is so it opens and shows the appropriate image in the gallery.

but it would be nice if there was a complete script solution which exposed functions specifically for embedding thumbnails easily.

hamradio:
I think XnView can create flash galleries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version