ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Morse Code as You Type

(1/5) > >>

hurricanedavid:
My first idea submission...

How about a little app that stays resident in the systray and plays tones (that represent the morse code equivalent of the letters pressed) as keys are pressed?

Folks wanting to get HAM radio certified (I think) need to learn it.  I'm sure this would help.  They would learn as they typed, without trying too hard to memorize the stuff.

I'm not trying to get HAM, but I just think it would be cool.

I don't know what kinds of tones (or .wav files, whatever) would be most pleasant, though.

Carol Haynes:
Hey what a fun idea - how about extending the idea to display semaphore, sign language (US and UK), braille etc.

These are all available as fonts, though the sign language would be good animated (GIFs ?)

kfitting:
Just saw a shareware program that does just this.... admittedly it's a tad expensive at ~$25, but it may give ideas.

http://www.colorpilot.com/morse.html

Kevin

datamystic:
$25 is not expensive. Please don't use this site just to rip off other people's ideas.

It reminds me of the %#$@! who set up a new sourceforge project because he didn't want to pay $10 for our keyboard locking program.

mouser:
just my 2 cents:
1) the colorpilots (twopilots) site has some nice software, definitely worth checking out
2) the price $25 for the program does seem a bit high to me for what it does; and for some people $25 is not cheap.
3) the original idea for this was not taken from that program and was independent, and surely was thought of by many people before and after this program.
4) i don't see anything wrong with the idea of making an open source or freeware alternative to commercial software.. in fact i think it's an important thing.  by all means be respectful of citing existing work and crediting people where due, and be mindfull of borrowing ideas from others especially if they are especially unique ideas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version