ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Maintain control in your presentations

(1/1)

cranioscopical:
Ever had to deal with a rambunctious client?
Never mind the laser pointer, try the Photonic Disruptor!
http://www.wired.com/gadgets/miscellaneous/magazine/15-12/st_dangerous

A useful low-tech technique is to look the trouble-maker in the eye, opine that "the one-legged chicken doesn't scratch up the barnyard", and then move on.
(I've used this one several times at boardroom level -- it's worked for me!)

Ralf Maximus:
Excellent!  Set toupes on fire, burn holes in memos you dislike, and reheat your coffee -- all with one convenient tool.

A useful low-tech technique is to look the trouble-maker in the eye, opine that "the one-legged chicken doesn't scratch up the barnyard", and then move on.
(I've used this one several times at boardroom level -- it's worked for me!)

--- End quote ---

How does that work exactly?  Do they back away slowly, leaving you to complete your presentation in solitude?

Darwin:
My all time favourite pissing contest "trumper" is from the "Crying Game" (yes, I did recoil at the key point in the movie because I HAD NO IDEA - I am assured that I am in a dim minority...).

Fergus: Have you ever tried to pick up your teeth with broken fingers?

Okay, okay so you can neither break someone's fingers nor knock out their teeth (very easily) with the laser, but c'mon - I've been waiting 15 years to use this line and I figure this is my one chance.

Ha, ha - just re-read Chris' OP and he set the "low-tech" precedent. It's all good...

cranioscopical:
Do they back away slowly, leaving you to complete your presentation in solitude?
-Ralf Maximus (November 30, 2007, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Depends whether or not I remove my glass eye and socket to them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version