Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 03:17:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [.13] there is no CANCEL in Settings dialog  (Read 3361 times)
AbteriX
Charter Honorary Member

Member #520

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 06, 2005, 10:11:47 AM »

[.13] there is no CANCEL in Settings dialog...
even if i leave with the [X] button the modifications are taken.

I mean, one should be able to play around in settings
and leave the dialog by canceling the modifcations.

i.e.
i miss an [Cancel]-button.

Greetings, Stefan.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 01:23:36 PM »

yes, this is a flaw in my programs, i really need to start making the settings dialogs able to cancel without taking effect.
i'm afraid that its a bit hard currently to add that to my existing programs though Sad
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »

As a simple way to add this feature (an interim cludge) how about forcing the program to backup the INI file when options are launched, delete the backup on OK and restore it on Cancel or Close ??

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:59:32 PM »

actually your suggestion is even easier than you say, since the settings arent saved immediately,
so on cancel i could simply reload the settings of interest from the last config file.
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 02:08:17 PM »

thumbs up Glkad I am useful for something  embarassed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.023s | Server load: 0.07 ]