ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for email SERVER

<< < (2/3) > >>

justice:
Google apps for your domain can do what you want and prices start from nothing. However I've got no experience with it.

CWuestefeld:
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. Here's my score card at the moment:

* SurgeMail - I can't see how to make this retrieve POP3 from my GoDaddy. Also, I'd really prefer a GUI admin interface rather than CLI
* SmarterMail - I can't find any setting to allow me to send SMTP via relay rather than direct. It looks cool otherwise, but this is a deal breaker.I'm still looking at the other suggestions, Google is next on the list. (And yes, Windows was a requirement).

Ralf Maximus:
SurgeMail - I can't see how to make this retrieve POP3 from my GoDaddy. Also, I'd really prefer a GUI admin interface rather than CLI
-CWuestefeld (November 30, 2007, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

SurgeMail has a wonderful GUI, all web-based via its internal HTML server.  It's similar to the web-access email client you can configure for users, but with administrator control panels.  EVERY feature can be configured via the HTML interface, most without needing a restart.   Looks a little like Yahoo's web 1.0 mail client; simple but effective.

And while it's not an email client (and thus isn't designed to retrieve mail from other servers) there's a shootload of add-ins that do all sorts of clever things.  Don't write off SurgeMail quite yet.

CWuestefeld:
it's not an email client (and thus isn't designed to retrieve mail from other servers) -Ralf Maximus (November 30, 2007, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, that's is exactly what I want. My host presents a POP3 mailbox for me. I want to pull from this into a mailbox on my (in-house) server; I use Outlook to retrieve mail from that. In other words, rather than having other servers SMTP to me, I pull via POP3 from a host.

f0dder:
What's the server running, CW?

I guess it's windows, but otherwise you could check fetchmail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version