ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Dina in TTF format?

<< < (2/5) > >>

f0dder:
Well then, I stand (or cringe?) corrected :-[

Ralf Maximus:
Poor support for .FON files on linux is one more thing that keeps me on Windows I guess, I'd hate to have to use another font than Dina :(
-f0dder (November 29, 2007, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not to be dense, but what is the big appeal of raster fonts?  They don't scale, they look like crap at anything but their designed resolution... so, why?

f0dder:
Poor support for .FON files on linux is one more thing that keeps me on Windows I guess, I'd hate to have to use another font than Dina :(
-f0dder (November 29, 2007, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not to be dense, but what is the big appeal of raster fonts?  They don't scale, they look like crap at anything but their designed resolution... so, why?
-Ralf Maximus (November 29, 2007, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Because it loks perfect at the designed resolution, which is what I used it at.

Haven't found a truetype font that's as appealing as Dina.

tinjaw:
They don't scale, they look like crap at anything but their designed resolution... so, why?
-Ralf Maximus (November 29, 2007, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
They were used originally because that was all their was. TrueType fonts and such didn't exist. Now they are generally used because they allow you to produce fonts that look better at their native size than a font designed for a different size and scaled.

b0nyb0y:
I actually tried to used Proggy Clean (Slashed Zero) for quite a while, but it just didn't look as good as Dina for some reason.

At the moment I'm using Bitstream Vera Sans Mono for my NetBeans. Looking good and easy on the eyes on my LCD screen at home. But I'm still stuck with CRT at work, so TTF with ClearType is blurry at best...  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version