ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (17/28) > >>

rjbull:
What I disliked about Keepass and all other password managers is that you login to a website and then have to type in the login again in the password manager to save it.
-justice (January 30, 2008, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure I know what you mean there.  If I'm setting up a new loginID, I open KeePass and set the password there, then I'm OK?

Also the hassle of having to open the password manager, find the password and then copy/paste it or drag/drop it in the form is really tiresome.

--- End quote ---

Check out this bit of KeePass's Help:

Auto-Type: Powerful feature that sends keypresses to other applications. 
Invoking Auto-Type
Global Auto-Type Hot Key
Auto-Type Keystroke Sequences
Target Window Filters

--- End quote ---

It means that if you have the window title correctly set in KeePass, you can put the cursor on the first box in your browser and press the global hotkey.  KeePass pops up, asks for its master password; when that's entered, it fills in the data automatically without you needing to search for the entry.

justice:
I mean usually I think to remember a password just after i entered it as mentally I remember the details when I see the website (visually). So I've just logged in and then want to save the passwords to the manager. I'm not going to sit down and enter 20 passwords then go to the sites and use them. So in any other program than Roboform (as only it detects that you just logged into something) I do extra work for no benefit. Maybe that's just me? I'd like to see other managers to make it easy or easier.

Benefit of Keepass's autotype seems to be it's application independent :)

NunYoBusiness:
I have used roboform since the first release, after tryin several others, after many browser crashes usin the other programs I went with roboform and have used it exclusively since then.  :Thmbsup:

rjbull:
I mean usually I think to remember a password just after i entered it as mentally I remember the details when I see the website (visually). So I've just logged in and then want to save the passwords to the manager.
-justice (January 30, 2008, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I see what you mean...  I've got into the habit of, whenever I first sign up, setting up the loginID in KeePass then and there, so I don't have to remember anything afterwards (except to back up the KeePass database).

justice:
I just bought Roboform via Trialpay + eMusic.. 75 songs + roboform for £0.99 :D Couldn't resist that offer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version