ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (20/28) > >>

40hz:
Am I the only person in the world that has a real problem  :'( with storing a password list online, no matter who with? I don't even allow my e-mail client or browser to remember them.

cranioscopical:
m I the only person in the world that has a real problem  :'( with storing a password list online
-40hz (March 22, 2009, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with you!

I have a real problem with storing just about anything online.

I could keep a copy of my information nailed to the telephone pole at the foot of my driveway, but I don't think that's a good idea either...

cyberdiva:
Am I the only person in the world that has a real problem  :'( with storing a password list online, no matter who with? I don't even allow my e-mail client or browser to remember them.
--- End quote ---

I too have real reservations about doing so--that's why I asked the question about LastPass.  I've never taken advantage of any opportunities to store my info on the web, be it something as trivial as bookmarks or as potentially serious as passwords.  I've felt that the convenience is probably outweighed by the risks.  However, allen's response about LastPass makes me wonder whether that might be an exception.

f0dder:
--- End quote ---
I'm with you. I'd never trust my passwords to an online entity (well, storing an encrypted document that I have complete control of would work).

Perry Mowbray:
I too have real reservations about doing so--that's why I asked the question about LastPass.  I've never taken advantage of any opportunities to store my info on the web, be it something as trivial as bookmarks or as potentially serious as passwords.  I've felt that the convenience is probably outweighed by the risks.  However, allen's response about LastPass makes me wonder whether that might be an exception.
-cyberdiva (March 22, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use Roboform Portable when I'm out and about, which works well; but I liked the look of LastPass because of the added cross browser benefits.

Reading about the manner in which they store and encrypt my data made it sound essentially the same as RoboForm on my USB? Would appreciate being proved wrong if I was  :)

If that is the case, then I'm not sure there is an issue with LastPass?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version