topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: KindCoins - Search Engine + ...Cloud Donationware?  (Read 2884 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
KindCoins - Search Engine + ...Cloud Donationware?
« on: July 22, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Kindcoins

To get started, join KindCoins.com and start searching the web. We use top search technology from Yahoo! to provide you with great search results. Joining is a snap but you’ll need to be a Facebook user to join KindCoins. To help you remember to use KindCoins for all your searching, set KindCoins as your homepage.

When you win enough coins, you can donate your coins to fund actions for various good causes. You can donate your coins to provide shelter to an animal, feed a child for a day or buy books for a library. KindCoins will make a donation to the specific cause in the amount necessary to fund the cause.

Sorry, if this has been done before. First time I've seen a cloud donationware service (although it's really a prettified version of branded Google search services). I'm not sure I like using it though - seems like it's better for it to use an algorithmn and feature set like DuckDuckGo's rather than Yahoo plus a Chrome Extension and finally no Facebook but it could be that it's trying to attract the base of Facebook primarily. I think the interface is semi-addictive though - certainly better than other services where you have no idea or have to look deep into how much your search is contributing.