ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are you testing XP SP3 RC ??

<< < (15/19) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
My mind translated thatt into "Update for Windows XP SP 3 RC"; i.e. an update patch for the RC1 file available for a few weeks.

That turns out not to be the case; this *is* the same file.  The 336 MB download size should have tipped me off.

lanux128:
at least now it is officially available from Microsoft.. i wonder if they will "push" SP3 via automatic updates? with a filesize of 336MB, that would be some update. :)

Darwin:
I have the file but have yet to install it... Still waiting for a full-blown review.

lanux128:
or until the words "Release Candidate" is dropped..

Ralf Maximus:
With searchlights blazing hundreds of metres into the night sky, neon blistering everywhere and a battery of digital cameras capturing every second, the most ultra-modern city on earth seems a million miles from the forbidding stone walls of the Microsoft campus in Washington.

But it was here last night in Tokyo that the world was led back – with a good dose of Redmond razzmatazz – into the realm of magic and given its first glimpse of Windows XP Service Pack 3: the update that sees the popular operating system growing up to face the dreadful truth of its destiny.

For it is in this latest – third – service pack outing of Bill Gate’s saga that Windows XP painfully begins to understand the battles with evil that lie ahead. It is an update where the balance of narrative tips from action to intrigue and there are some that will find that tedious.

--- End quote ---

It got 3 out of 5 stars in that review, so somebody likes it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version