ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Are you testing XP SP3 RC ??

<< < (5/19) > >>

Nighted:
Welp, I integrated SP3 yesterday and then did my usual nLite routine. No problems so far. Since upgrading to SP3, explorer hasn't crashed once (strange...very strange :D ). I'll give it a couple days and see what happens.

I didn't need any of the updates I used for my SP2 builds other than one special update that supposedly is included in SP3 but didn't work. I had to replace it with another update.

I was hoping .NET would have been integrated but ending up have to manually install it yet again.

blarson:
I believe my DSL stats are better and more consistent with SP3.

jgpaiva:
blarson: i don't think you gave the original stats, did you? Without those, it's a bit hard to compare ;)

Anyways, the internet speed is something that is so mutable that it can't be compared that easily.

Nighted:
I dunno about that, but my toast is a lot crunchier now too.  :Thmbsup:

blarson:
Another completely anecdotal, subjective opinion: SP3 boots faster, well below the XP 30 second design goal. I can do a reboot in about one minute (AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, 1GB RAM). Perception is often more useful than statistics - 93.87% of all statistics are inaccurate and often made up.

Here is one more Tweak Tester Result showing 100% transfer efficiency - YMMV:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version