ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Dual Monitors: Declare Apps which Should Open on the Secondary Monitor

<< < (3/4) > >>

PPLandry:
XP starts up the application in the same monitor as the last time (if available). If you write the app, you can control this, otherwise, I don't think you can do much.
-PPLandry (November 26, 2007, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  How do I make an app start on the secondary monitor the first time?

Thanks -- Vincent
-Kruskal (November 26, 2007, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
You don't need to. You open the program, then drag the window to the second monitor. Close it. It will now open in the second monitor. Different monitor resolutions is no problem. Works for me all the time (I have 1400x1040 on the notebook and 1600x1200 external. Check: Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor in screen>properties>settings

Kruskal:
XP starts up the application in the same monitor as the last time (if available). If you write the app, you can control this, otherwise, I don't think you can do much.
-PPLandry (November 26, 2007, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  How do I make an app start on the secondary monitor the first time?

Thanks -- Vincent
-Kruskal (November 26, 2007, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
You don't need to. You open the program, then drag the window to the second monitor. Close it. It will now open in the second monitor. Different monitor resolutions is no problem. Works for me all the time (I have 1400x1040 on the notebook and 1600x1200 external. Check: Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor in screen>properties>settings
-PPLandry (November 27, 2007, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wish.  Doesn't work for me with XP and VLC. I wonder what you are doing right.

Vincent

lanux128:
a similar thread on this topic at UltraMon's forums.. it looks like some apps may have to be manually repositioned..

• Start a Program on a Specific Monitor

Kruskal:
a similar thread on this topic at UltraMon's forums.. it looks like some apps may have to be manually repositioned..

-lanux128 (November 27, 2007, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeh, I discovered that the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer remembers which monitor it was last used on even after returning to one monitor and going back to two.

Thanks -- Vincent

Kruskal:

-lanux128 (November 27, 2007, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeh, I discovered that the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer remembers which monitor it was last used on even after returning to one monitor and going back to two.

Thanks -- Vincent
-Kruskal (November 27, 2007, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've surrendered and switched my secondary monitor to the right.  Now WinWarden works fine for me.  (Also Opera now pops-up its you've got mail message on the primary monitor -- a problem with left secondary monitor that I had not told you all about.)

Thanks to all for all the help -- Vincent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version