ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Dual Monitors: Declare Apps which Should Open on the Secondary Monitor

(1/4) > >>

Kruskal:
I run Windows XP with dual monitors (sometimes).  The secondary one is a TV.  I'd like to set it up so that applications which play video start on the TV when I have dual monitors (and quietly do nothing when there is only one monitor).

Any ideas -- Vincent

PPLandry:
XP starts up the application in the same monitor as the last time (if available). If you write the app, you can control this, otherwise, I don't think you can do much.

Kruskal:
XP starts up the application in the same monitor as the last time (if available). If you write the app, you can control this, otherwise, I don't think you can do much.
-PPLandry (November 26, 2007, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  How do I make an app start on the secondary monitor the first time?

Thanks -- Vincent

Kruskal:
-PPLandry (November 26, 2007, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  How do I make an app start on the secondary monitor the first time?

Thanks -- Vincent
-Kruskal (November 26, 2007, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
I made a shortcut to VLC on the secondary desktop and when I double-clicked it, it came up on the secondary monitor.  But when I shut it down and double-clicked on a video file, VLC came up on the primary monitor.  So it isn't true that Windows remembers the last monitor an application came up on.

Do I misunderstand your point?

Vincent

nosh:
Try Ultramon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version