ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Mirror portion of multi-monitor

<< < (2/3) > >>

tinjaw:
However, when I do as tinjaw has suggested it works fine UNTIL I right click on something/anything.-BigJim (November 26, 2007, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops. Sorry about that. I didn't go that far in my testing. Hopefully somebody will find something better.

jarhead:
I'm not 100% sure what the real uses for this would be, but a nice generic solution would be a program with 2 "regions", or rather a window and a region selector.  The window could be placed and sized as desired, and would display the contents of the selected region, which could be moved anywhere.

So basically this is like a "magnification" tool, except that it can before enlargement or reduction, and doesn't follow the cursor, but rather shows the content of a selected region on your screens.

I wouldn't be surprised if such a program didn't already exist.. if someone finds it (or writes it!) please post.

Could be useful for given presentation talks, etc.
-mouser (November 26, 2007, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

mouser-

Giving presentations is exactly what this would be used for.  I give a lot of them and currently I have to look at the screen where the presentation display is being projected to see what I am typing.  It would be so much faster and convenient if I was able to see what I was typing in a simple window on my main display.

mouser:
Nice new freeware tool related to this, called "PresentationMode":
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PresentationMode/1195730932/1

mouser:
However, when I do as tinjaw has suggested it works fine UNTIL I right click on something/anything. Then the focus of the magnified area goes to the place where I've right clicked or the top of the context menu which that may have launched.
--- End quote ---

If you uncheck all of the tracking boxes it shouldn't move should it?

BigJim:
Don't know if it should have or not. Just call'm as I see'm.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version