topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Virtual Eve: first in human computer interaction  (Read 4684 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Virtual Eve: first in human computer interaction
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:32 PM »
The near-human performance of a virtual teacher called Eve created by Massey researchers has drawn the attention of scientists across the computing world.
Eve is what is known in the information sciences as an intelligent or affective tutoring system that can adapt its response to the emotional state of people by interaction through a computer system.

The system “Easy with Eve” is thought to be the first of its type.

The ability of virtual Eve to alter her presentation according to the reaction of the child facing her at the keyboard has been hailed as an exciting development in the $25 billion e-learning market.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:34 PM by app103 »

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Virtual Eve: first in human computer interaction
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 11:35 AM »
The ability of virtual Eve to alter her presentation according to the reaction of the child facing her at the keyboard has been hailed as an exciting development in the $25 billion e-learning market.

"Eve, take off your clothes!"

"My, but you're a naughty little bunny!  Let's talk about fractions instead.  If I take off half my clothes how much does that leave behind?"

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Virtual Eve: first in human computer interaction
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Smurk, snicker, scarf, bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said behind!